Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128 funny problem

From: Roland Zitzke
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128 funny problem
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:28:21 +0200

Hi,
> }
>
> The result from this code is repeated transmissions of the "Init ..."
> text.

The only reason I can think of is that you define a wrong sig-xxx routine
which causes a reboot on sei(), because some entry is pointing to reset.
> If I modify the code to this:
>
> int main(void)
> {
>   init_HW();
>   UART_print("Init ready \n");
>   sei();
>   for(;;) {
>      UART_print("test");
>   }
> }
>
> It keeps sending the test string forever, which is expected, and not the
> "Init..." text.
Is this because sei() appears afterwards? If the system is rebooting all the
time it will reach the print statement which follows the sei(). Repeating
would in this case be caused by reboot, noot by the for loop.
May be this helps - Roland