Re: [avr-gcc-list] Optimization problems

From: David Breeze
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Optimization problems
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:42:17 +0100

You should also ensure that a variable in any loop which has the chance of
being optimised out should be declared "volatile" for further help see
http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/FAQ.html

David Breeze

At 10:16 10/10/2002 +0200, Tvrtko A. Ursulin wrote:

>Hello everyone!
>
>This is my first posting to this list, and not only that, I have only
>recently
>started coding in avr-gcc.
>
>I downloaded avr-gcc patch which applied cleanly to gcc 3.0.4.

Best you find a more upto date gcc, would suggest using CVS gcc.  Have a
quick look at http://www.openavr.org/ for some pointers to where source and
binary tools are available.  When you've updated your toolchain, try your
code again as there are many bug fixes since the old patches.

Best Regards,

Jason Kyle

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

This e-mail is intended only for the person(s)
to whom it is addressed.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.

If you are not the intended recipient
you must not use, disclose, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.

Joy Mining Machinery Ltd may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications
on its e-mail and telecommunication systems.