Re: [avr-gcc-list] eeprom usage - Measuring duration of function calls

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] eeprom usage - Measuring duration of function calls
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 00:20:30 +0100

Hallo Jamie Morken,

> I like AVR Studio but since my projects have been over 1000 lines or so I
> have got errors when trying to load the coff files into AVR Studio:
> "unable to open sourcefile"  "error in coff file"
>
> I haven't figured out the difference between a working coff and a non-working
> one yet!  Anyone else have this error?

avr-gcc insert the gcrt1.S in the obj and coff file. But with a path
like "..\..\..\gcrt\gcrt1.S" or similiar. Take a look at the .obj file
(open it with a text editor) and scroll to the end. There you find the
referenced files with path. There is at least one which AVR Studio
didn't find.

HTH

Volkmar