Re: [avr-gcc-list] movin' up to Linux

From: Mads Bondo Dydensborg
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] movin' up to Linux
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:02:55 +0100 (MET)

On 2 Nov 2002, Marlin Unruh wrote:

> How do I get started compiling under Linux gcc?
>       download binaries, and libraries? build? install? ( I need it spelled
> out if possible, like 1,2,3 )

Perhaps you could get some info from here:
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/vs/res/proj/smart-its/intern/

(Look under "Development tools")

While this page is specific for the Smart-its project, I have succesfully
been using the tools in other contexts.

> Is there an interface for the Atmel STK500 to work with Linux serial
> port? What comm. package?

That would be the uisp package

> Is there a stable debugger, simulator?

I would very much like to know as well. There is
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/simulavr
but it is not complete - biggest problems i non-function with external
clocks.

Mads

|  Mads Bondo Dydensborg.             http://www.diku.dk/users/madsdyd |
|  +45 35 32 14 18                                                     |