[avr-gcc-list] makefile help

From: Nicholas Parker
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] makefile help
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:41:59 +0800

Hello,

Parts of my makefile appear to be ignored.  I am trying to extract
programming files for various sections in my code that I have defined.  The
following seems to be ignored;

%.eep: %.elf
 $(BIN) -O $(FORMAT) -j
.eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom="alloc,load" --change-section-lma
.eeprom=0 $< $@

By my reckoning I should end up with an '.eep' file with only data for the
.eeprom section, BUT I get nothing - not even an error message ... what
could be responsible?   I do get a 'good'  $(TRG).HEX file from the ELF...

In the target 'ALL' , I have specified a $(TRG).eep be made.

Thanks, Nick Parker