Re: [avr-gcc-list] ?starting program after getting up from power down?

From: Alexei Govorukhin
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ?starting program after getting up from power down?
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:29:55 +0100

Hello Juraj,

Try to use Watch dog timer (WDT).
right after sleep command, initialize WDT and make forever cycle like
this:

 // here must be wake up event set
 //

 sbi(MCUCR,SM1);
 sbi(MCUCR,SE); // enable deep sleep mode
 do {
     // go to sleep here
     asm volatile ("sleep");    // go to sleep
     } while(!bit_is_clear(PINE,BTN_ROW1));     // back to sleep if not
keyboard wakeup

 cli();

 // goodmorning, we just woke up
 delayms(200);                                  // debounce key

 wdt_reset();
 wdt_enable(3);                         // give some time for eeprom write
complete before reset
 while (1);

Proc will be reseted by WDT. The while condition here is for control
that we wake up from specific key, and not on any other reason.
I hope that this helps, and sorry for my english,
Alexei

--
Best regards,
 Alexei                            mailto:address@hidden