avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugger GUI

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugger GUI
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:28:54 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Juraj Buliscak wrote:

:)
:) Hi all,
:)
:) I am new in using AVR and all this stuff. I am using just avr-gcc, but
:) nothing for debugging. I think, it could be very usefull to use debuger.
:)
:) I have downloaded gdb-5.3, and insight-5.2.92. I know, gdb is debugger, and
:) insight is GUI front-end for gdb.

FYI: insight includes gdb so you don't need to download both.

:) But..., what is AVARICE and SIMULAVR???

Gdb can not talk to avr devices directly, thus you need either simulavr
(for simulation) or avarice (talks to jtagice) as a remote target.

:)
:) Could someone shortly explain, what is what, and how it works all
:) togethher, and eventully what else I need to download.

Have a look here and follow the links of interest: http://www.openavr.org

Ted Roth

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org