Re: [avr-gcc-list] FW: c/9100: illegal binary constant causes gcc to seg

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] FW: c/9100: illegal binary constant causes gcc to seg fault
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:52:27 +0100 (MET)

"E. Weddington" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey, I got confused too. I thought you were right. I think that
> where you got the idea for using 0b from is from assembly
> programming. On the web I noticed that a lot of assemblers allow
> that prefix for specifying binary numbers.

Even gas (the GNU assembler, here also known as avr-as) does:

$ avr-as -al=/dev/stdout -o /dev/null
.data
.byte   0b11110000
^D
GAS LISTING                     page 1

   1                    .data
   2 0000 F0            .byte 0b11110000

Anyway, accepting binary constants would be a worthwhile addition to
gcc, IMHO.  However, this cannot be made by the avr-gcc folks, it must
become a generally accepted gcc item.