Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:16:32 -0700

On 15 Jan 2003 at 21:41, Sander Pool wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I downloaded NP 1.2.1 and it rocks. Tons more features than the
> version you included. Was there a mixup somewhere?
>
> I checked out the Programmers Notepad you included. Sweet! I
> noticed however that it doesn't look like this screenshot:

> http://www.pnotepad.org/img/pnmain_text.html

> I can't make that folder and search toolbar appear. Do you know
> what's up?

> Thanks for including it!

I included PN Version 2 which is (of cource) a later version than
1.2.1. Version 2 is a new rewrite. The reason for including version 2
is that it uses the open-source Scintilla editor component
(www.scintilla.org) which is probably the best programming editor
around. Also, by getting in on the ground floor of this rewrite, I'm
trying to get some GCC specific things added to Programmers Notepad.

BTW, one of the features that I like about PN2 is the block indent /
outdent feature, which is part of Scintilla. To see this highlight
several lines and then press Tab to indent all lines at once. To
outdent all at once, press Shift-Tab.

Eric