RE: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie - should this work?

From: Artur Lipowski
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Newbie - should this work?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:20:05 +0100

"PORTD &= 0x77;" looks for me more "natural" (than outb(.....)) and code is
a lot more readable.
There is also place for compiler optimizations (address arithmetic has a
long history and "support" in C).
In case of library development it may be worth to dive into "macro hell" to
save time during final development.

> I am "POSIX fan", and one reason is the easy readablilty of code,
> and not so complicated macro-hacks ...
I am not Posix fan, but also try avoid any macros in C.

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski