[avr-gcc-list] Re: The AVR documentation...

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: The AVR documentation...
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:09:07 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Rich Neswold wrote:

:) Hello,
:)
:) I got around to looking at the new, online manual for the AVR GNU tools. It
:) looks great! Thanks for all your efforts!
:)
:) I was a little surprised, however, that the Acknowledgment page didn't
:) include my name (for providing the community with its initial documentation
:) of the tools and for providing input to the current document.) It's kind of
:) ironic, since the Acknowledgment page is 90% from my document... :-)

Very true.

:)
:) Also, the "Simple Project" page was mostly written by me. Joerg Wunsch
:) designed the circuit and wrote the code, but I redrew his schematic in
:) Eagle, annotated the source code, wrote all the text describing how to
:) build the project, and wrote the text describing how to use some other
:) binutils to pull info from the object files.

Sorry. I didn't know that and just assumed Joerg had written all of
the demo project stuff.

:)
:) I know these are minors nits, but I'd appreciate it if another bullet could
:) be added to the Acknowledgment page. Although I've been sidetracked from
:) doing AVR development, I still feel I've contributed to this community.
:) Once things start freeing up, I want to contribute more...

You are absolutely correct. I totally dropped the ball on this. You
most definitely deserve mention in the acks. Your contribution was
significant and really helped us build momentum.

I take full responsibility for this oversight and wish to publicly
apologize.

Attached is the patch which I just committed to rectify this.

Ted Roth