Re: [avr-gcc-list] Pre-initlized strings only holding two characters

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Pre-initlized strings only holding two characters
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:06:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Well I figured out the problem, and got it working
fine.

I was using an AtMega128 with a JTAG ICE. Rather than
program it directly, I was just using the JTAG ICE +
AVR Studio in emulation mode, and I assumed that
running it like that (especially when I just hit 'run'
and don't single-step it) would be exactly the same as
just loading the .hex file into the AVR.

Did I learn a lesson today...

It worked perfect when I just programmed the .hex file
in, but didn't work using AVR Studio, so I guess it
was a problem in objtool / AVR Studio...

So from now on its GDB for me ;-)

Regards,

  -Colin

--- Volkmar Dierkes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Colin,

e GDB> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:03:47 -0800 (PST), Colin