Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB help

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GDB help
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:28:34 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

:) > Is there any documentation anywhere on using gdb with AVR's. I have
:) > the 5.3 version that is packages with WinAVR.
:)
:) AFAIK, there's just the GDB manual that comes with WinAVR.

There's a bit of info here:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/simulavr/doc/html/

:)
:) > How to I make it run as a simulator - is that possible?

See link above.

:)
:) You would have to use SimulAVR (see link in WinAVR README). However,
:) SimulAVR cannot currently be built for the Windows platform. :-/ It's
:) on a todo list.

I have reports that simulavr builds and runs fine under cygwin.

Ted Roth