Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:51:17 +0200 (MEST)

> Could you please publish your patches
sorry, this is a redisign, no patch. There are nearly no original
files there. :-( The gdbserver is old and the assembler-instructions
are old. thats it.

> as I'm working on simulavr, too and
>  so
> we could put our work together.
Nice. My problem is, that i started at version 0.1.1. and reworked
the complete sources. So I think there is no way for a merge in source,but a
merge with ideas .
I have a deep sleep while I haven't ssen the develop mailing list for
the simulavr, so this my way was the wrong one I see.

> What I've done is:
> - Changed the handling of the register layout(device dependent instead of
>  the
> constants defined in the source code)
My idea is to bring them up in the device constructor. There is a mapper
class which handle the device depend register layout to the
implemented hardware class. This is allready done and works.

> - Added Timer/Counter1,2,3 and OCR0,1ABC,2,3ABC support
Timer 1 (avr8515) is complete with all OCRx and pwm mode

Also now working eeprom with all waitsates. EEPROM space reachable from
gdb read/write.

wado works also with original timing (currently only for 5 volts)

> - Changed the interrupt mechanism to match the real device behavior
Complete reworked. Now the flags are resettet if neccecarry, everytime
one instruction is handled before next irq is handled and so on. The timing
(4 waitstates for stack operation) is also in.

> - Added some new devices
Yes. I have currently only the 8515 inside. The next step is to watch out
for really!!! equal hardware blocks. There are not a lot off. There are a
lot of
minor changes from device to device. So that is really a lot work I think.
I watched out for 2313 with timer 0/1. That are not the same :-( (OCRB
missing)

I also added a way to bring the pins outside the simulation and from outside
to the core. There could be a TCL/TK application that shows the pins
and let input values there. This is one of the next steps.
And importent, there should be multiple cores run with interconnected pins.
Seems to be a litle step now. What I prefer is an interworking with some
well known electronic simulator. But there I have no ideas which one and how
implement there.

Bye
   Klaus