Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem with PC Keyboard

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem with PC Keyboard
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 11:39:45 -0600

On 7 May 2003 at 0:09, Andreas Djojorahardjo wrote:

> At 11:13 06/05/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> >On 6 May 2003 at 23:43, Andreas Djojorahardjo wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Sir,
> > >
> > > Now, I am doing the project with PC keyboard.
> > > I do with WinAVR and AT90S8515.
> > >
> > > I have tried AVR Application Note 313
> > > But it doesn't work.
> > >
> > > I have changed
> > > Clock's Keyboard-INT 0
> > > Data - PortD5.
> > >
> > > I also attach my code.
> > > Would you help me to solve that problem ?
> > >

> >You need to be more specific.
> >1. What doesn't work?
> >2. Solve which problem?
> >
> >Eric
>
> The code can compiled.
> When I press the button of the keyboard, the LCD can't display what
> button which I pressed. When interrupt happened, data from keyboard
> which I can't get the right answer. I only get value of data from
> keyboard : 0xD0

Please reply to the avr-gcc-list and not just to me personally.

1. Have you tested just your LCD to make sure it can display
correctly?

2. Have you contacted the author of your keypad source code to make
sure that you are using it correctly.

3. What version / toolset are you using? outp, inp, etc. are
deprecated. You should use direct access to / from registers. For
example: MCUCR = 0x8A;

Eric