Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and AVR-GCC on Windows XP

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and AVR-GCC on Windows XP
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:23:23 -0600

On 7 May 2003 at 18:59, Jack Valmadre wrote:

> Hi,
> Here are the different errors I found:
>
> 1.  When I try to build a project I get:
>
> 'gcc_cmp.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>

> 2.  When I run gcc_cmp.bat in command prompt I get:
>
> -------- begin --------
> make.exe: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> --------  end  --------
>

> 3.  When I run gcc_cmp2.bat I get:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\system>make.exe   1>c:\tmpout.txt 2>&1
>

> 4.  When I go Start > Programs > gnu > AVRGCC I get
>
> 'doskey' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> 'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>
> Does WinAVR have the same syntax as AVRStudio?

WinAVR and AVR Studio are 2 different things.

But, again, you need to update your tool set to WinAVR and not use
the obsolete AVR Freaks distribution. To find out a little more what
WinAVR is and what it contains, see:
<http://winavr.sourceforge.net/>

(And, again, reply to avr-gcc-list and not to me personally.)

Eric