[avr-gcc-list] question on .bss and global variables

From: Stefan Ulbrich
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] question on .bss and global variables
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:41:27 +0200

hi list,

if have the following question.

why do i get the following error message:

avr/bin/ld: address 0x8000e4 of organ.out section .bss is not within region data

in my program i have defined a struct containig two uint8_t and a pointer to this struct.

i have defined an array of 32 variables of this struct in order to reserve 96 bytes of the sram. when i choose 31 for the size of the array i get no compile error. is there a way to use more of my sram? is the eeprom anywhere involved by now?

greetings
stef