[avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and AVR GCC 3.3

From: Jack Valmadre
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVRStudio and AVR GCC 3.3
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:19:27 +1000

Hello,

I am trying to write a program for the ATMega16 using AVRStudio and AVR-GCC 3.3 (which comes with WinAVR). I have followed the instructions in the Readme file, but still I get errors. I am testing the compiler with a simple program, I'm pretty sure there's no problems with that. But here is what I've got (in file temp.c):
#include <avr/io.h>

unsigned int var;

int main (void) {
        for(;;) {
                var++;
        }
}

I've got everything set up right in the makefile; the makefile, gcc.bat, gcc2.bat, temp.c and temp project file in the project; the targets all and clean are set up and the settings have been configured (gcc.bat clean and gcc.bat all); and when I build clean, I get lots of lines saying "rm -f temp.---" where --- is replaced by different extensions each time. At the end, it says:
Errors: none
------ end ------
make.exe *** Warning: clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

Errors detected during link stage
Stopped
And the make.exe line doesn't always appear.
Then when I build the all target,
I get: make.exe *** No rule to make target `foo.o', needed by `temp.elf'. Stop.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Jack

Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp