RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr seminar Summary

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr seminar Summary
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 05:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

>For example, they're coming out with a secure version
>of the AVR, which has built-in cryptographic
>features, a platform to do Ethernet development (you
>must first buy the dev kit, then sign an agreement
>that you're not going to port their source to another
>microprocessor platform, but then can use it
royalty->free).

They've already got both of those I thought...

the AT90SC series is secure (good luck getting the
datasheet though), and they already have some ethernet
platform... although maybe they are improving it.

> engineers at Atmel here in
> Trondheim, said that they were going to release a
> version of the JTAGICE
> with USB interface.

ie: JTAG ICE + FTDI chip ;-)

  -Colin

PS: I wanted to go to one, but couldn't make it. They
said they would send me a web link with all the
information on it, I can forward that when I get it...