[avr-gcc-list] Including Header Files

From: Donovan Parks
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Including Header Files
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:11:41 -0400

Hello,

I am new to AVR's and the GCC compiler and am hoping someone can help me out
with the following problem.  I am using avr-gcc 3.3 from the AVR Freaks
website.  What I am confused about is how "make" knows that header files
(such as io.h) are (the directory they reside in is not used by the
makefile).  In the same vein, I am at a loss as to how I can in include a
*.h file that is located in a different directory than the default header
files (i.e. io.h).  How do I tell the compiler where it should look for
header files?

Thanks,
Donovan Parks