RE: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVARICE on Cygwin

From: Ralph Mason
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Building AVARICE on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:20:02 +1200

I finally gave up on this one.

I really would like build AVARICE on cygwin, so I could use the version that
is in cvs.  The released version with WinAVR is buggy.

Is there anyone out there with enough smarts to solve this.  I don't know
anything about configure, and I don't know what to tell it to solve this
one.

I have tried, and tried again.  The LIB is there, but I can not make it find
it.   Sometimes the simplest things just stump me.

I though perhaps I could remove the offending libs from configure.ac, (had
to also remove xmalloc) and modify the code not to support bfd lib, but then
configure craps out

checking for strtol... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating
.infig.status: error: cannot find input file:

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Ralph

My Problem again for all that missed it.

address@hidden /home/avarice
$ ./Bootstrap
+ aclocal
+ autoheader
+ autoconf
+ [ -d config-aux ]
+ automake -a -c
+ rm -f config.cache

address@hidden /home/avarice
$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.exe
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... avr-gcc
checking whether avr-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for avr-gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking dependency style of avr-gcc... gcc3
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for library containing gethostbyname... no
checking for socket... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for socket in -lnsl... no
checking for library containing inet_aton... no
checking for library containing dcgettext... no
checking for xmalloc in -liberty... no
checking for bfd_init in -lbfd... no
configure: error: You need to install libbfd.a from binutils.

address@hidden /home/avarice
$ ls /lib/libbfd*
/lib/libbfd.a  /lib/libbfd.la

address@hidden /home/avarice