[avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb connection problem with avarice

From: Jaiphen Hsiung
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gdb connection problem with avarice
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am having problem to use avarice to connect avr-gdb with my target system. I am using avr-gdb version 5.3. The avarice version is 2.0.

That's the steps I did to use avarice to connect my target system with avr-gdb (version 5.3, come with WinAvr package too).
1. start avarice - "avarice --jtag com1 localhost 1700"
2. start avr-gdb - "avr-gdb"
3. "file try.elf" in avr-gdb
4. "set remoteaddresssize 32" in avr-gdb
5. "target remote localhost:1700" in avr-gdb
6. "load" download the file to my target system.
all of the above procedure works fine. The following are the command that gave me problem.
7. "break main" in avr-gdb
8. "continue"
Then avr-gdb stucks there. It happens most of the time, but if there is a break point can give response immediately, then avr-gdb can response and stop at the break point. Is there any timeout requirement I have to meet? or there is some switchs I have to set?

Thanks!

Jaiphen

Do you Yahoo!?