[avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto, Was:

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto, Was: Re: avr-libc install problem
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:18:52 +1000

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 06:32:59PM +1000, Terry Porter wrote:
> Pictures and files :
> http://milkstone.d2.net.au/embedded.html
>
> My little howto:-
> http://milkstone.d2.net.au/electronics/micro/avr-gcc-installing-2003.html

   Ahh! Manna from heaven.

   I was wondering how to tickle simulavr into doing something. (The
   manpage and info seemed to say "I am simulavr. EOT", so I've spent
   part of today groping around savannah, OpenAVR, etc., but no luck.)

   That was after suspecting that I was missing some "info", because
   the makefile for at least one of the tools demands makeinfo 4.2, and
   the latest available via the debian apt-get mirror is 4.1. Hoofing it
   off to a source mirror showed that Tex is a universe in itself, yet
   there was nothing resembling the debian "texinfo" package. Maybe I'll
   venture in there again, after a stiff drink.

   But it's now clear that I need to climb the gdb curve, and then
   resume with simulavr.

   Your howto is rain on arid soil.

Thanks,
Erik