Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto,

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Yet another Avr-gcc_Simulavr_Avr-Gdb_DDD-howto, Was: Re: avr-libc install problem
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:01:09 +1000

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Erik Christiansen wrote:

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 06:32:59PM +1000, Terry Porter wrote:

Pictures and files :
http://milkstone.d2.net.au/embedded.html

My little howto:-
http://milkstone.d2.net.au/electronics/micro/avr-gcc-installing-2003.html

  Ahh! Manna from heaven.

  I was wondering how to tickle simulavr into doing something. (The
  manpage and info seemed to say "I am simulavr. EOT", so I've spent
  part of today groping around savannah, OpenAVR, etc., but no luck.)

  That was after suspecting that I was missing some "info", because
  the makefile for at least one of the tools demands makeinfo 4.2, and
  the latest available via the debian apt-get mirror is 4.1. Hoofing it
  off to a source mirror showed that Tex is a universe in itself, yet
  there was nothing resembling the debian "texinfo" package. Maybe I'll
  venture in there again, after a stiff drink.

apt-get install -t testing texinfo

This will get version 4.6.

  But it's now clear that I need to climb the gdb curve, and then
  resume with simulavr.

apt-get install -t testing gdb
apt-get install -t testing ddd