Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in WinAVR install on W2K ?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug in WinAVR install on W2K ?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:05:05 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I looked on the sourceforge page of WinAVR to see if this
bug has
been>  listed
> before, but could not find anything.
>
> After one has installed WinAVR on Win2K, the PATH is not
expanded
correctly>  in a
> console window. The %Systemroot% variable is not expanded
in the PATH.
> It seems that when the PATH registry entry is modified by
the
WinAVR>  install, the
> PATH entry type is changed from REG_EXPAND_SZ to REG_SZ.

Thanks! Technically you're the 3rd (or 4th) person to
mention this, so it's a known issue. I just haven't filled
out a bug tracker on SourceForge about it. Sorry! :-/ (Feel
free to fill out a tracker if you want.)

I'm going to be looking into this within the next week or
so with my installation software, to see if it's capable of
doing this.

Thanks again!
Eric