[avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 7, Issue 26

From: Dafni & Robert Berger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 7, Issue 26
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:43:39 +0300

Please ignore my posting on avr-gcc list Digest, Vol7, Issue 26 :(

Anyhow, to post something useful now, I would like to say that I tried the
experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for Win32 systems Release: 22.08.2003.

It works, as far as I could see, but still has the elf coff problems.

The code gets corrupted when you create the coff file using avr-objcopy or
objtool, but you have debug info :)

Elfcoff does not corrupt the code, but there are not debug symbols.

Please let me know if someone would like to have my testcase to have a look
at the elf coff conversion, so I can send it offline and not to the entire
list.

I sent the test application to address@hidden on 27th of
July, but didn't get any reply from him.

Regards,

Robert

Dafni & Robert Berger
Pharmacist & Embedded Systems SW Engineer
Stratigou Rogakou 24
GR-15125 - Polydrosso - Maroussi
Athens - Greece
Tel.: (+30 210) 6847881
Fax.:(+30 210) 6847881
email: address@hidden
"Software development is like making a baby... You can't make a baby in one
month by impregnating nine women."

"Giving up on assembly language was the apple in our Garden of Eden:
Languages whose use squanders machine cycles are sinful."
(Epigrams in Programming,  ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982)