Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cpp Question

From: Derick Schoonbee
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cpp Question
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:08:04 +0000

Join the club .. ;) Did Delphi for many years .. here are some hints to your Q:
- pointers
- google.com: "by reference" C
- void foo(int &a, int &b, float &c)

From: "Matja¾ Jane¾iè" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Cpp Question
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:16:54 +0200

Hi!

I was recently more involved in Pascal, now I'm in C :)

I'm trying to program a function which returns values as parameters:

void foo(int a, int b, float c)
{
b++;
c=sqrt(a+b)
}

but it does't work
In Pascal it could be done if it is written as

procedure foo(var a,b:integer;var c:real)
begin
b=b+1;
c=sqrt(a+b);
end;

and voila, you get after foo(a,b,c), b incremented and
c as stated :)
but it won't work if the procedure is as that:

procedure foo(a,b:integer; c:real)
begin
b=b+1;
c=sqrt(a+b);
end;

soo after call to that with foo(a,b,c), original a b & c
won't change. how to do this in c?

Regard!