[avr-gcc-list] Using uart for info in simulatoin [was: Re: How to do mu

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Using uart for info in simulatoin [was: Re: How to do multi-line assembler macros?]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:14:55 GMT

> As "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> >not see if something like it can be provided with
> >GDB/Insight + SimulAVR.
>
> In a single word: the AVR Studio ``emulation'' is crap.
>
> If simulavr is going to implement something like that, do
it the right
> way.

That's what I was hoping: to do it the right way and not
just repeat the "AVR Studio emulation crap".

> Basically, the same as VMLAB is doing.  You implement a
true
> UART peripheral that routes its data stream to outside.
Under Unix,
> this could happen via a pseudo terminal API, dunno what
Windows might
> have to offer for this.

Remember I'm building SimulAVR in Cygwin which is a pretty
full-featured Unix emulation on Windows. You can just about
treat it as a Unix variant. Build it the right way and
let's see if it will port.