[avr-gcc-list] main() missing in AVR Studio

From: John Volpe
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] main() missing in AVR Studio
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:55:15 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using WinAVR 20030913 for development.  When I use the AVR Studio 4.07
simulator it finds the function main correctly, however when using the JTAG
ICE I get "JTAG ICE Warning : Execution stopped on reset vector........".  I
understand this could be (probably is) a bug in the AVR Studio, but has
anybody else seen the error.  I'm specifying the coff-ext-avr object format
to avr-objcopy, but it also occurs with the coff-avr format.

If I scroll through the assembler code to the address for main, the symbol is
in the correct place.  If I do objdump of the coff file, main() is defined
and in the correct place.

Command to objcopy :
$(OBJCOPY)  --debugging --change-section-address .data-0x800000
--change-section-address .bss-0x800000 --change-section-address
.noinit-0x800000 --change-section-address .eeprom-0x810000 -O coff-ext-avr
boot.elf boot.cof

John Volpe

P.S. : This post has been copied to Atmel and I will update the post as I
receive information.