[avr-gcc-list] SmartRF (AT86RF211 aka TRX01) Wake-up mode problem...

From: John Yannakopoulos
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] SmartRF (AT86RF211 aka TRX01) Wake-up mode problem...
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:03:51 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi all!

I'm working with the ATMEL's AT86RF211-DK915107 development kit (SmartRF
daughter boards). I have already written code for the communication of the
two boards in normal mode. Currently, I'm trying to make them communicate
in Wake-up Mode. I could not find any sample firmware on the Internet, so
I decided to develop an application on my own from scratch. I followed the
guidelines presented in the ATMEL's Wake-up Mode Protocol Application Note
(Revision 2), but the things now have stucked. I have some basic questions...
If anyone has already aquired enough experience using the SmartRF in WU Mode,
please help:

1) In the sender side, I output to the DATAMSG pin each bit that is
going to be transmitted (output DATAMSG from mC --> RF). Is that correct?
It's not reported anywhere in the application notes, that's what I ask.

2) Each of the two boards has a push button that is connected to the
WAKEUP pin of the mC (Ext. INT1). Can thus, use the RF in wake-up mode?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

--
John Yannakopoulos.