RE: [avr-gcc-list] 802.11b on avr

From: jr
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] 802.11b on avr
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:56:05 -0400

I don't know if this is the reason in this specific case, but I think
that there may be some FCC concerns since many of the transmitters are
completely software controlled. (ie: frequency/power/etc)

This is the reason why there is currently no linux support for the
wireless card in my current thinkpad. Read more here:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~andrewb/x31.html

Very unfortunate, there is just so much you'd be able to do with a nice
embedded processor hooked up to a small 802.11 card.

Take care,

-jr