Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dwarf debug information from avr-gcc

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Dwarf debug information from avr-gcc
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:04:14 +0200 (MET DST)

"Torleif.sandnes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there currently an avr-gcc that produces dwarf debug information?
> Or are there any plans to support dwarf in future releases?

Well, do you want to support ELF/DWARF in future AVR Studio releases?
Svenn-Ivar once mentioned this idea to me.  While I spent considerable
time into teaching the GNU binutils to produce COFF, I'm the last one
to whine if we didn't need that anymore at all. ;-)

I didn't look into it, but I guess it's not very hard to add DWARF
support to avr-gcc (and avr-binutils), given that my FreeBSD-native
GCC (3.x) and GDB already fully support DWARF debugging (and use it by
default).  Maybe Marek (and/or Denis) is listening, and could state an
opinion about it as well.