[avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy help

From: milka singh
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy help
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:18:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
        I have a program for atmel 128, which has to
go to flash address 0xfc00 (starting of the bootloader
section). First line of my program use _asm_(...) to
set the address.
        When i compile and do a avr-objcopy to an srec
format, i have my opcode starting at 0xfc00, but the
file has soo many 0xff before that (from begning of
file to 0xfc00), which makes it unusable. I tried
various methods in avrobj-copy (for example using
--start-addr=val etc), but nothing worked.
        I need only that part which has my opcode, is
there a way i can do taht. Any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks
Junaith