Re: [avr-gcc-list] fixed address for PROGMEM

From: Simon Han
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] fixed address for PROGMEM
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:12:21 -0800 (PST)

>    The major problem is not that it's hard, just that documentation is
> thin on the ground, and terse as a hermit. Even the O'Reilly book on
> Embedded Systems Programming provides only the briefest incomplete
> treatment.

Guess I found the right person.  :-)

Could I ask one more question?  Do you think it is possible to
implement "insmod" functionality in avr?  One specific problem I found is
how I can get relocatable code.

I am not an expert on linux kernel module, but I understand that the
object file (.elf) can be used to insert into linux kernel as it provides
the locations of both the functions and symbols.  It might be much harder
to do in avr class device.

Any suggestion or any warning?

Thank you very much,
Simon

ps.  I cc to the list for interested reader.