Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiler Error List Outline

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiler Error List Outline
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:48:10 -0700

On 1 Dec 2003 at 8:18, Amenson Scott   (AC/ESC4) wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to avr-gcc and am starting to write some code.  As expected I am
> making some errors.  Is there a document that outlines the different
> compiler error and warning messages and correlates them to what mistakes
> they are generally caused by? Thanks

GCC, already gives you the file and line number of the offending code. Most
of GCC's error / warning message are similar enough to other commercial
compiler's messages. If you want docs that describe what a particular error
/ warning message means, then, unfortunately the GCC docs seem to be
incredibly slim in this area. If you're having problems with a specific
message, you could post the compiler output with the piece of offending
code in context and someone might be able to clarify it for you.

Eric