Re: [avr-gcc-list] Sharing interrupts

From: Pablo Bleyer Kocik
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Sharing interrupts
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:26:42 -0300

At 20:59 2003-12-08, Erik Christiansen wrote:

Whether you use gcc, or avr-as directly, the resulting object file is
then linked like any other, and the job is done.

Erik

Well, then it seems there is no easy way to specify this behavior directly in the C code. I was trying to use the assembly file as the last resort. Calling external functions from the ISRs have a little performance hit in my application, perhaps I will end up duplicating code or rewriting my code for inlining...

Some compilers use pragmas to specify absolute code positioning and mark ISRs. I know this is not an elegant way, but plain C is a little bit weak in this kind of situation. Also, I wish there were an easier way to modify the vector table (using, eg, an attribute mark). I am relatively new to this list -- have any other methods been considered?

 Thank you for your responses.

 Cheers!

--
PabloBleyerKocik /
 pbleyer        /"[] Always trust content from Microsoft Corporation"