[avr-gcc-list] Exporting functions as lib

From: Christian Neumair
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Exporting functions as lib
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:32:21 +0100

Hi there!
I've got a nifty C library exporting some helper functions for a
particular hardware unit. Currently I'm building it together with the
source code before compiling/flashing using
#include "mylib.h"
and some Makefile magic inside my C source tree.
Now, I'd like to build and install it, i.e. I can use it using
#include <mylib.h>
just like I can do
#include <stdio.h> and it should magically link against it.
I've already taken a look at a recent avr-libc version but grepping the
Makefiles and configure.in file didn't really help since I don't know
where to install these files etc.
Are there any hints/code samples showing me how to install a helper
library?
I'd like to package/redistribute it.
Thanks in advance!

regs,