RE: [avr-gcc-list] boot vector address for ATMega32 in datasheet correc

From: Uccelli Danilo
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] boot vector address for ATMega32 in datasheet correct ?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:34:47 +0100

Hi,

It is depending if you speak about words or bytes, 32K Bytes = 16K words, in
the AVRStudio 4 the address are displayed as word but in the AVR-GCC
makefile the linker parameters have to be expressed as Byte address.

My experience of boot loader is from ATmega64 (64K Bytes), and I used the
following makefile informations:

        ORG = 0xF000
        LDFLAGS = -Wl,-Map=$(TARGET).map,--cref, --section-start
-Ttext=$(ORG)

I hope this help you to understand.

Danilo Uccelli