Re: [avr-gcc-list] DIY Serial Port Programmer for AVR

From: Richard Urwin
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] DIY Serial Port Programmer for AVR
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:08:49 +0000

On Saturday 27 Dec 2003 11:00 pm, Steven Chang-Lin Yu wrote:
> I want to build a starter kit of AVR for my university, however most of
> the DIY programmer on the net seems to be using the parallel port to do
> the downloading code, is there any serial port programmer design that I
> can have a look?

http://www.omegav.ntnu.no/avr/resources.php3
In the Programmers section under "application note AVR910"
you will find http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc0943.pdf
and ftp://www.atmel.com/pub/atmel/avr910.asm

Of course you will need a programmed 1200 from somewhere, but there are people
and companies about who can provide such things. Or your university almost
certainly has a general purpose programmer that you could get the use of for
a short time.

--
Richard Urwin