Re: [avr-gcc-list] compiler improvments

From: Martin Thomas
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] compiler improvments
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:46:22 +0100

> I get Butterfly (thank) from:
>    http://www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/bf_gcc_20031205.zip
> For compilation with option "-fnew-ra" I change sound.c slightly:
> add temporary variable with pgm_read_word(pSong + tone).

This inprovement will be added to the next release of the
AVR Butterfly application gcc-port. If you have more improvements
feel free to send them via e-mail. Feedback is always welcome.

> P.S.  Butterfly's makefile is magnificent.

The makefile is based on the example makefile that comes
with WINAVR Sept. 2003. I've only changed the source file list
and the MCU name, so it's not really a "Butterfly makefile". All
praise belongs to Eric and the people mentioned in at the head of the
makefile.

Martin Thomas