[avr-gcc-list] linux gcc compilation problem

From: Helix
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] linux gcc compilation problem
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:05:16 +0100

Hi,
I am trying to build a sample program under linux using gcc-3.3
The same sample program compiled with Win-gcc is build successfully.

Under linux I do:
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=at90s8515 test.c
as: option '-mmcu=at90s8515' not valid

When I built avr-gcc I specified --prefix=/usr/local/avr-linux
So I gcc build have generated avr-gcc, avr-as, avr-ar, and so on
But here seems that avr-gcc try to call as instead of avr-as, so the error
is obvious.
I read varoius documents with no success.
Someone could suggest me what to do ?
TIA