Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using AVR Tools

From: Dan Lyke
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using AVR Tools
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:20:31 -0800

ks_347 writes:
> How can I write the hex file into the microcontroller ?

I use a variant of one of the sample Makefiles that came with my
avr-gcc install. It uses uisp:

   uisp --upload -dprog=stk500 -dserial=/dev/ttyUSB0 \
         -dpart=$(PROCESSOR) if=$(PROJECT).hex

/dev/ttyUSB0 is where my laptop maps the USB to serial adapter I use
to talk to the STK500, and $(PROCESSOR) is set to something like:

   PROCESSOR =  at90s8535

and $(PROJECT).hex is the generated hex file.

Dan