Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC help

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC help
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:17:57 +1000

30 Jan 2004 09:53 ks_347 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have declared an interrupt routine in my program using
> INTERRUPT(SIG_UART0_DATA). When I was looking at the disassembler code
> using AVRSTUDIO, in the interrupt vector table on the location 0x02A, there
> was no proper address of my interrupt routine.

Unfortunately, the mess with names takes place.
he same interruption refers to:
   SIG_UART_DATA   - old AVR's
   SIG_UART0_DATA  - ATmega161
   SIG_USART0_DATA - ATmega162
   SIG_UART_DATA   - ATmega8 (modern uSart, the same as mega162)

> My understanding is that the
> avr-gcc compiler should take care of the address of this routine
> internally. Due to this what is happening is everytime it receives an
> interrupt, it will go to address 0x02A and there it only finds out the
> default address, which will transfer the program control to the reset
> address, so my program is in infinite loop. Any suggestions or idea on
> whats going on here? I hope I am describing this well, so that you people
> can understand. I have included all the files and my program is compiled
> fine.

Compiling, linking: misprint in an interrupt name will pass unnoticed.
Unused function will simply be added.

Regards.