Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoid register saving

From: Artur Lipowski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoid register saving
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:55:24 +0200

Filipe Campos wrote:
> Hi.
> In some application the save register can be good.
> But if You write a little RTOS Kernell, the kernell shall do this, not the
> compiler. It´s worst if You have a little RAM to use.
I'm afraid that you cannot avoid writing core ISR handler in assembler
in such cace.

> But You give a good idea, How the ISR can be writen in ASM and than compiled
> by the AVR-GCC ?
#include <avr/io.h>
        .global SIG_OVERFLOW0
SIG_OVERFLOW0:
        push    __tmp_reg__
        in      __tmp_reg__, _SFR_IO_ADDR(SREG)
        push    work1
        pop     work1
        out     _SFR_IO_ADDR(SREG), __tmp_reg__
        pop     __tmp_reg__
        reti

Put above source into file with .S suffix and thats all.

If your system has problems with cases of letters in fineames then you
can use "-x assembler-with-cpp" as an option for the GCC.

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski