[avr-gcc-list] Primer on using Insight?

From: Mike van Meeteren
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Primer on using Insight?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:56:00 -0500

<x-flowed>
I would like to do some debugging using the Insight/GDB tool and SimulAVR. The thing I can't figure out is what file to load when you click the run button. Do I need to make the project and generate a BIN file? I tried using a HEX file with no success. Do I load the source file?

I have simulavr running and Insight seems to connect to it, but I have no clue where to go from there.

A quick pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

-Mike