Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega48, mega88, mega168 support

From: Alan Kilian
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega48, mega88, mega168 support
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:50:23 -0500 (CDT)

> Btw., since the AVR binary files are independent of the OS and
> architecture of the host OS, wouldn't it be possible to recompile
> avr-libc on Unix, and drop that straight into a Windows box?
>
> avr-binutils and avr-gcc do have fixed path names compiled into them,
> but as far as I can tell, the plain AVR object files should not suffer
> from this (except for debugging strings, obviously).

  I don't have any real information about this, but I would be careful
  that there are no big-endian vs little-endian issues in the binary files.

  There may be none, but it's something to keep in mind.

                            -Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622