AW: [avr-gcc-list] WinCVS and WinAVR Conflict

From: Peter Hierholzer
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] WinCVS and WinAVR Conflict
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:29:18 +0200

Hi Alex,

> Does anyone use WinCVS and WinAVR together?
I do

> When I installed the most recent WinAVR, WinCVS stopped working in that
> it locks-up on starting.
I had similarly problems. As far as I remember it had to do with the
tcl8x.dll. I installed WinCVS and it did not work. After several deinstalls
installs and updating of CygWin, it is now working.

> If I rename C:\WinAVR it works fine. If I put the previous WinAVR back
> (renaming directories) it works fine. I assume that this is to do with
> the Cygwin DLL as renaming that also seems to have an impact.
There are some posts that indicate the tcl84.dll from CygWin as a problem
for WinCVS. My tests point in the same direction.
I have 3 tcl84.dll on my PC (CygWin, Phyton, WinAVR). All have the same name
but different date and size.
If I rename the tcl84.dll in Phyton and WinAVR and the tcl84.dll in Cygwin
is the only available one, WinCVS does not start.
If the tcl84.dll in either Phyton or in WinAVR is present WinCVS is working.

I am running
WinCVS 1.3.13.2 Beta 13 (Build 2)
Phyton 2.3.3
Cygwin tcltk 20030901-1
PATH=C:\WinAVR\bin;C:\WinAVR\utils\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;c:\cygwin\
bin;

mfg

Peter