[avr-gcc-list] Two problems building gcc on MinGW

From: Ebert, Rolf
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Two problems building gcc on MinGW
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:08:29 +0200

Building and installation of binutils (2.13) and gcc (gcc-3.4-branch) went
without problems.  But while compiling avr-libc I got the strange message
that "as" does not know the generated AVR assembler.

It seems that avr-gcc.exe (the driver program) correctly calls the compiler
(cc1.exe), but then it calls as, not avr-as (You can see that when calling
avr-gcc with -v).  What might be the problem?

As a workaround I copied avr-as and avr-ld to as and ld respectively and put
that in front of my PATH.  This way the compilation succeeds, and I could
succesfully build and install avr-libc.

In my application project then the linker does not find crts8515.o.
avr-ld: cannot open crts8515.o.
$ find /mingw/avr/ -name crts8515.o
/mingw/avr/avr/lib/crts8515.o

Both problems seems to be related.  Something must be wrong, probably with
the paths or some naming conventions.  Has anybody seen similar symptoms
before?  Where should I look?

    Rolf