RE: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] port access with avr-gdb
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2004 at 9:17, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
>
> > I'm not against the idea of struct/union with bit fields, but I'd like
> > to have it well thought out before we start blasting away on the header
> > files. It's going to be a lot of work and once it goes into a stable
> > release, it's going to be hard to change.
> >

> I would be strongly against *replacing* the #defines with bit field
> structs. If this would be "in addition to" then I would feel better
> about it.

Sorry, I wasn't explicit about that. The #defines will _not_ be removed
if this happens. It will definitely only be an "in addition to".

I'm still not completely sold on the idea yet any ways, although I'm
trying to keep an open mind about it (especially since it's a lot of
work that I will probably end up being the one to doing).

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden