[avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)

From: Royce & Sharal Pereira
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny 15L(non-avr-gcc)
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:44:39 +0530

Hi all,

Pls pardon this non-avr-gcc question.

I have a newbie question on Tiny15L.

This is my first AVR project ever. I tried it on a hardwired general purpose
board, programmed it
with SP12 in the same board, & it worked fine!
Then I got the PCB made. Now, the power on reset does not seem to work on the
PCB. I tried several
things, but to no avail.
Even holding reset low while powering up & then releasing it has no effect. But
once powered up,
taking reset low briefly starts the chip running.

The *important point* is that when I plug the chip into my hardwired board, it
starts properly at
power up! There is no difference electrically between the PCB & the hardwired
board. Are there any
known issues regarding power on reset (of this chip)? Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks!
--Royce.